Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Whole Food BLTs

I know, I know, I've been terrible at posting this summer...  And I know you've heard this before, but I'm back in Chicago now, where (once this absurdly intense workshop is through) I'll be back to my own routine, cooking and photographing...

In the meantime, please enjoy some whole-food-style BLTs:


I know I did.


The tomatoes and lettuce were organic farm fresh, the bacon nitrate- and preservative- free (from the charming Iowan?  I can't remember), the bread from my friendly local Great Harvest, and the slathering of mayonnaise (most important part) Spectrum brand.

I never remember to make BLTs, but whenever it does happen once in a blue moon, it makes me wonder why I don't eat them ABSOLUTELY EVERY SINGLE DAY because they are the GREATEST OF ALL SANDWICHES.

No comments:

Post a Comment