Monday, August 16, 2010

Peach Pie Poll: Lick the Plate?


Since discovering the crisco-less crust that I can eat, Mom has baked a number of fresh fruit pies this summer.  The above was an absolutely delectable peach cream pie, courtesy of our friend Debbie.  The inside is just fresh peaches, a little sugar, cinnamon, and fresh cream poured over the top to thicken and bubble.  Served with more cream, in the iced form, on side, it has to be something like heaven.

Matt caught me actually licking my plate, and I think you can tell from the crazed intensity in my eyes JUST HOW GOOD it really was...

... I was like, 100% focused on getting EVERY. LAST. DROP. of flavor from that plate...

So looking at this photo, I'm a little embarrassed, but I have to ask: when something is just that good, do you ever actually lick the plate?  Am I the only one?  Or am I just the only one who does it in front of other people?

No comments:

Post a Comment